Brazilian legend and football icon Pele is back in the hospital amid conflicting reports of his health status. The legendary footballer is reported to be in stable condition by the hospital.
Football lovers across the globe are worried about the health status of the legendary footballer Pele. Perhaps the greatest player to ever play the game, Pele has witnessed a downturn in his health status in the last few years. It has come to a point where his fans have become worried and come to undesirable conclusions.
The only man to win three World Cup trophies has been in and out of the hospital, making people uncomfortable. There are conflicting reports concerning his recent appointment with the doctor.
One thing is obvious – the legendary Brazilian footballer is unwell and needs the best care he can get to recover fully.
Pele back in hospital
Three-time World Cup winner Pele is back in hospital amid international concerns. According to reports from his family, Pele is stable in a Sao Paulo hospital. However, there are contrasting reports about his status.
There have been unofficial reports that the 82-year-old was moved to palliative care, as the famous footballer had become unresponsive to chemotherapy treatment. Pele was in the hospital on Tuesday, with his daughter reporting no surprise or emergency in his condition. Pele also claimed it was just a monthly visit.
Brazilian newspaper Folha de Sao Paulo disagrees with the claims. The paper said Pele was receiving pain-relieving measures in an end-of-life care ward. The report by Folha de Sao Paulo is distressing news to Pele fans, with prayers offered for the recovery of the legend.
Update on Pele’s health
The health status of Pele is well-documented. Former Brazil forward Pele underwent surgery last year to remove a tumour from his colon and has been in and out of hospital since.
The recent visit to the hospital raised plenty of concerns about Pele’s health. There was a short update from the Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein. The update came following Saturday’s reports.
The update from the hospital was not specific about the kind of care Pele was receiving. While newspaper reports suggest he was under palliative care, the hospital was vague about it. Mentioning Pele by his full name, they said that Edson Arantes do Nascimento was admitted to the Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein last Tuesday for a reassessment of the chemotherapy treatment for the colon tumour identified in September 2021.
The statement further suggests that Pele was undergoing treatment, and his condition remains stable. It also claims there is a solid response to treatment for a respiratory infection.
There have been messages of support for Pele from stars at the ongoing World Cup. Players to have sent words of hope to Pele include France striker Kylian Mbappe, England captain Harry Kane and Brazil forward Vinicius Junior.
Pele is the youngest scorer in a World Cup final, with a brace in the 5-2 win over hosts Sweden in 1958, also winning the tournament in 1962 and 1970.